Southern Tennessee Regional Health System is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Local/state health department – (www.tn.gov/health) COVID-19 Public Information Number 877-857-2945 Available 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. CST Daily
- State hospital association – (www.tha.com)
Southern Tennessee Regional Health System is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are working closely with the Tennessee Department of Health and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our hospital is prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond should anyone in our community contract or be exposed to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
While we have not evaluated OR treated any patients with this virus at our hospital to date, Southern Tennessee Regional Health System has taken the following measures to prepare out of an abundance of caution, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Patients in the Emergency Department and inpatient units are screened based on their recent travel history.
- Personal protective equipment is available, including face masks and eye protection, for example.
- Hand hygiene products are easily accessible throughout the facility.
Importantly, all of the above are standard operating protocols that are in place year-round to help ensure the health and well-being of everyone who enters our hospital.
We want to assure our community that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of viruses and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. For more information, contact Tennessee Department of Health or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
Please go to the following sites to see what the hospital is doing in your community: